23snaps is a free app that allows parents to share photos, status updates and videos of their children with family and friends.
- Avoid using Facebook as a Baby Book – by using 23snaps you can upload every waking moment of your child’s life if you so desire to a captivated audience.
- As it is a private network you can use it as a private journal or you can share with a select group of family members and friends.
- Take photos within the app and apply Instagram like filters and frames, select photos from your library or you can connect your Instagram account and any photos that you tag #23snaps will automatically be imported to your account.
- Create collections and print albums or prints direct from the app.
- Cherry pick photos to share to Facebook or by email. The only thing I don’t like is the way it posts to Facebook as a thumbnail image. You can work around this by adding a photo to your camera roll and then posting from here to Facebook.
The App itself is beautifully designed and is easy to use with clean lines and neutral colours.
For me Instagram should be about beautiful imagery and Facebook while family friendly should not be used to over share, 23snaps is the perfect in-between for cataloging family life. It’s also a lovely way for families that are separated by distance or working parents to share in these memories.
Why is it called 23snaps?
“Good question! Did you know that there are 23 pairs of chromosomes that carry all of the genetic information that makes your child the wonderful, unique person they grow to be? One chromosome, like one photograph, is just not enough to tell the whole story.”
by Janis Meehan